Supervision is paramount as one starts their career as a clinician. Ensuring you have a supervisor that meets all of your needs in a respectful and responsible way makes all the difference between a positive or negative experience. Clinical supervision requires continuous introspective review and openness to feedback which clinicians have to experience in order to become successful in their career. Supervision is a necessary part of the journey to ensure client care remains safe and that the client’s treatment goals are being met effectively.
Clinical supervision ensures that growing clinicians have effective understanding and skill sets in:
- Clinical conceptualization and evidence-based interventions.
- Understanding of the Laws & Ethics that drive our field.
- Developing a firm understanding of professional roles.
- Clinical documentation needs and ensuring effectiveness.
- Reviewing specialization with populations of interest.
Supervision for Registered Mental Health Counseling Interns
Travis has specialization in:
- Substance Use Disorders
- Co-Occurring Disorders
- Trauma Disorders (EMDR trained)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Crisis Interventions